4 tb Butter or margarine
1/2 c Onion,minced
1 lb Bay scallops
2 Apples,Granny Smith,med-size
1 cn Mushrooms,sliced,drained(3oz
1 ts Lemon juice
1 ts Parsley,minced
1/2 ts Basil,dried
1/2 ts Salt
2 tb Flour
1 c Milk
2 tb Bread crumbs,plain,dry
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet.
2. Add onion; saute until tender.
3. Add scallops, apples, mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley, basil and
salt; cook over medium heat, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 4. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; blend in
flour. 5. Remove from heat; stir in milk.
6. Return to medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
7. Add sauce to scallop mixture in skillet; mix well.
8. Spoon into 4 buttered ramekins.
9. Combine remaining butter with bread crumbs; sprinkle over
scallops. 10. Place under broiler; broil 3 to 4 minutes, or until crumbs are